SEATTLE – A Great Place to Learn and Live
AMERICA’S MOST ACTIVE CITY
MEN’S HEALTH MAGAZINE (2011)
TOP 10 DESTINATION FOR SINGLES
BEST COFFEE, TECH-SAVVY, & WIRELESS COVERAGE
TRAVEL + LEISURE MAGAZINE (2011)
MOST EDGY CITY
SPERLING’S BEST PLACES (2011)
TOP 50 VETERAN-FRIENDLY CITIES IN THE U.S.A.
GI JOBS MAGAZINE (2014)
TOP TEN CITIES WHERE THE ‘AMERICAN DREAM’ IS STILL ALIVE
#1 SMARTEST CITY IN NORTH AMERICA
FAST COMPANY (2013)
LEARN ON SCENIC LAKE UNION
- Take advantage of the realistic training conditions in Lake Union, Lake Washington, and the Puget Sound.
- While other divers might be afraid of cold or dark water, your skills will be perfected to it.
- Go to school in the city, in the busy Fremont neighborhood.
- Coffee shops, restaurants, bars, and housing are all nearby.
- See the Seattle skyline from campus.
- At our campus on Lake Union, you’ll learn in the classroom, floating barges, DIT’s boat, the MV Response, and, of course, in the lake.
Fall in love with Seattle
AMAZING FOOD & COFFEE
- You can find every type of restaurant you can imagine in the Fremont neighborhood all within a few small blocks, from “Blue Moon Burgers” to Pho, Thai , Sushi, and Teriyaki joints from “Homegrown” Sandwiches to Taco Trucks, Cajun, BBQ and Clam Chowder shops. It’s an any eater’s paradise.
- Custom-roasted beans and creative spices make Seattle’s coffee scene a top place to order a freshly-brewed cup of coffee or a delicious latte.
- You’ll find a different coffee shop, bakery, or yummy cafe on every block.
LEGENDARY EVENTS & MUSIC SCENE
- Seattle has incredible venues. Whether you want to see an up-and-coming band play at a small venue like The Neptune, or go to a huge show at the Gorge, Seattle’s got it all.
- Home to the great city where musicians such as Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Death Cab For Cutie, Dave Matthews, and Macklemore all got their start.
- In Seattle, you’ll be at the center of festivals and events such as Sasquatch and Bumbershoot. DIT’s setting in the Fremont neighborhood puts you close to the action for events like the Fremont Solstice Parade, Seafair, and the Fremont Zombie Walk