DIT’S REQUIRED EQUIPMENT LIST | Gear List
Each Student is required to have the following equipment and supplies. This equipment list is discussed in detail at each Academic Orientation. All diving equipment is required by the 5th week of training, for the first day of the Light Weight Introduction Class. Estimated cost of the required, basic dive equipment is $3,800. (This is based on equipment and package deals offered to DIT students by NW Dive Supply and other dive shops in Seattle). Equipment is available for purchase through:
NW Dive Supply 1341 N. Northlake Way, Ste. 150, Seattle, WA, 98103
(206) 783-5542 ext. 1104Download Gear List
The required gear will about $3,800. Our Financial Aid department will work with you to figure out how to pay for everything. Most students purchase their gear during the first week of school from dive shops who have packaged deals, so you don’t need to worry about purchasing it before you start. We will cover this in detail with you during orientation. If you have any questions contact your Admissions Specialist.
- Dry Suit with Inflation Whip: Must have to pursue requirements for Canadian Certification (CSA Z275.4). We also recommend wrist and ankle seals. You DO NOT need a wetsuit for training purposes at DIT.
- Undergarments: A wicking layer is needed to be worn under the dry suit.
- Five Finger Diving Gloves and Hood: Either dry suit or wet suit five finger gloves and a dry suit or a wet suit hood will work.
- Snoopy Cap: A snoopy cap is a custom made liner to wear under dive helmets. Because the snaps must be configured to fit different DIT training helmets, we recommend purchasing this through DIT.
- Safety Harness and Safety Snap Shackle: Must be a minimum five-point harness. Safety shackle will be attached to the weight integrated harness. Note: Can be purchased through DIT
- Dive Knife with harness clip: Stainless Steel, folding, and locking knife.
- Lead Weights (minimum of 40 lbs)
- Dive Watch: Water resistant to 200 meters. Must have stopwatch function or a rotating bezel. You must be able to see it underwater.
- Mask, Snorkel, and Fins
- Gear Bag
- Underwater Flashlight with batteries
- Bail Out 1st stage assembly w/ protective case
- Chafing Boots: Attached to suit or overboots. (For protection of the feet and booties)
- Combination Padlock
- Leather Work Gloves
- Safety Boots/ Shoes: Topside, steel toed all leather work boots.
Optional Additional Equipment
- Coveralls: Mechanics style coveralls are worn over the wetsuit or drysuit for protection
- Wet Suit: We recommend 1⁄4 ‘’ (7mm) “Farmer John” style wetsuit. Note: When using a wet suit at DIT, it must include hood, booties, and five finger gloves.
- Shackle Breaker
- Blue palm gloves
Important Information about Personal Equipment:
- Your hard hat and safety glasses will be provided to you after your first module.
- The only markings allowed on your hard hat are your name, emergency sticker and a small DIT sticker.
- Put your name in/on ALL Dive Equipment & Tool Bag.
- Students are responsible for their own school supplies. This includes items such as pens, paper, calculator, and number two pencils.